Whether you are looking to increase the first 1000 Youtube subs for your channel to quickly achieve your goal of turning on YouTube monetization or just want ways to increase quality Youtube subscribers to make money online, sell…
There are 13 ways to increase free Youtube subscriptions:
- Optimizing information on the channel
- Video content optimization
- SEO Optimization
- Invest more intro for the channel
- Add subscribe button in every video
- Leverage the power of end screens
- Interact with viewers
- Create relationships with other channels
- Spread the channel on popular social networks
- Add videos to the playlist
- Create an event for each subscription milestone achieved
- Combined with Tiktok
- Hide subs on the channel
Details I will share below.
1. Completing the information for the channel
First, you need to update the avatar and cover image for the channel.
- Avatar: just the owner’s photo or brand logo
- Cover photo: should list a few lines about your channel
Note: You should customize the size according to recommendations from Youtube so that the image when uploaded is not broken.
At Basic info in Channel customization you should enter the following information completely:
- Channel description: introduce yourself, your current experiences, and the content that the channel is aiming for
- Channel URL: You insert the URL of your blog and the social networks you are active in here
- Contact info: add the main email you are using, later the development channel will have many people who want to connect with you.
These are the things you need to do right from the beginning, this helps you create more sympathy, gain the trust of your viewers, and create your professionalism, thereby easily converting from view to subscribe to Youtube channel.
2. Optimize content for each video on the channel
Optimizing the content in each video is an effective way to increase Youtube subscribers that you should do before uploading videos to the channel.
Specifically the following:
- Call to action subscribe to the channel: You should add these calls to the middle of the video 1 time and at the end of video 1 more time.
- Make people curious about the content of the next video
- Building a channel with a plan: before proceeding to build a channel, you should research and make a standard set of keywords, obviously the ones that people are interested in and searching for.
- Release content regularly must have at least 2 videos per week on the channel
In addition, you should initially focus on building content according to niche to avoid rambling and help form a clear viewer file, which makes the channel easy to recommend.
Later when the channel has grown you can expand on other larger topics.
3. SEO Optimization
Your SEO optimization will help the video get a good position every time someone searches for related keywords on Youtube.
SEO video on Youtube is much simpler than SEO website, you can refer to the following checklist:
- Keyword research
- Optimize videos before uploading to the channel such as filename contains keywords, Details tab has tags containing main and secondary keywords.
- During the process of uploading the video to the channel, it is necessary to optimize the title, description, and hashtags – all of which contain the main keyword and related secondary keywords.
Getting to the top is one thing, but attracting searchers to click on your video is mostly in the thumbnail.
Standard and “sexy” thumbnail images highlight the main content of the video and have their style.
In addition, at present, Google has changed the display for each video, and videos with content divided into each time frame on the video look pretty attractive when displayed on the SERPs.
You need to record each time in the video in the description, when the video is ranked on Google it will be displayed.
Don’t forget to remind viewers to follow your channel in the video’s description.
If you want the URL after clicking to lead to the page and show a registration pop-up, just add ?sub_confirmation=1 at the end of the channel link.
4. Make an intro for the video
The intro is the opening video that you should do, this creates a professional and personal brand for the channel, in the long run, you will attract subscribers who “watch often but never subscribe to the channel”.
You can hire a professional freelancer or do it yourself with the following free software:
- Intro maker
You can refer to the big channels to get ideas for your intro videos.
Note: Intro just a few seconds is enough and as long as it highlights your brand.
5. Add the logo as a channel subscribe button in the video
Viewers are often lazy to act or even forget to subscribe to your Youtube channel.
So you should constantly remind them to “subscribe” and adding the logo as the subscribe button is how you can do it.
To add a logo as a button to subscribe to a Youtube channel, go to Channel customization => Branding, which is located in the Video watermark section.
6. Leverage the power of end screens
To increase persuasion and help viewers subscribe to your channel, you should make the most of this feature before the video ends.
Normally, only videos that are 25s or longer can use this feature.
But to be most effective and avoid annoying viewers, only 1 minute or more should be used.
There are 5 main components that you can add to the end screen:
- Video: the most recent video you uploaded, related to the content of the current video
- Playlist: if the current video is in a certain playlist on the channel, you can add it to increase views for the remaining videos.
- Subscribe button: this element is important so it should be indispensable at the end of every video
- Website: This is a component only for Youtube partners. Usually will display the default logo of the website.
- Channel: You can add to promote another channel with a message convincing enough for viewers to subscribe
In this feature, to be effective, you just need to apply the following process correctly:
- With a new channel: this is a channel with few videos so you should only add a related video with a subscribe button.
- With the old channel: You can add a playlist containing the current video and a subscribe button
In addition, you can make channels specializing in trending content and put the main channel at the end of each video to pull in viewers, but this way does not guarantee quality subs so I do not recommend it.
Note: You should only put 2 components at the end of each video (5 seconds left when the video is about to end) and adjust the size reasonably so as not to annoy viewers when the video has not ended (because the content is covered, people won’t like)
7. Interact with viewers
Your interaction with viewers will help retain old subscribers and attract new subscribers to your YouTube channel.
Here are some more effective ways to interact with your audience:
- Drop a heart and reply to the comment of the viewer who commented
- With positive comments and also on the way to develop the channel, you can sub back to their channel
- Positive comments or comments from major channels, if you find it appropriate, you can pin that comment to the top.
- Livestream communicates with viewers, usually through Q&A videos, and this feature is not for new channels.
- Organize giveaways, this is for channels that already have a certain number of subscribers
8. Build relationships with other channels
You should create more relationships with other channels in the same field as yours.
2 channels can leave backlinks for each other to share and subscribe to. Or maybe appear together in the same video and share personal experiences.
This way in the long run will help increase Youtube channel subscribers effectively.
9. Spread the channel on social network
In addition to Youtube, you should also be active on today’s big social networks such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tiktok …
On these networks, you can post small entertainment content or job postings that you can hardly post on Youtube channels. Branding like this is considered quite good for SEO.
The fact that you are active on many popular social networks today also helps you attract more people who do not know you, helping to increase Youtube channel subscriptions quite effectively that should not be ignored.
In addition, you should also remember to put the URL information about the social networks you are active on in the channel Description section. The operation I have instructed in way 1.
10. Add videos to the Playlist
Note: this is for channels that already have many videos and Youtube subs, not for new channels. But you can apply later when the channel has grown.
Usually, for people who accidentally receive your video recommendations, it is very difficult for them to hit “subscribe to the channel” on the first video.
For channels with many videos on many different topics, it is advisable to create many playlists, helping viewers find and follow the right topics that they are interested in.
This also makes it easier for new viewers to leave you with a click of the subscribe button.
To create a playlist: On your channel, go to Playlist and create it.
11. Celebrate each subscription milestone
This is the way I see it to help you increase your Youtube channel subscribers very effectively. Here are a lot of directions where you can be more creative. Such as:
- Live stream counting down the previously set milestone
- Post a video of thank you content for each milestone achieved
- If your channel has achieved the golden button, you should make videos like this, and create separate events for subscribers.
Viewers are now very curious about content like this, and it will certainly motivate them to take action to subscribe to your channel and follow you for a while watching “what did you do to achieve these numbers”.
Whether you keep these registered subs or not depends on the content strategy later.
12. Combined with Tiktok
Tiktok is a short video platform with the ability to go viral that is considered terrible at the moment with most of the current trends of young people originating from Tiktok.
You can combine with Tiktok to pull users to Youtube to help increase subscriptions for the channel.
The way to do it is not difficult, much simpler than producing a video on Youtube. You just need to cut a small part of the video that you have uploaded on Youtube and post it on Tiktok.
But not every topic posted on Tiktok will go viral, such as:
- Violent images
- Content 18+
- Pure content about sales
In addition, to achieve the best effect to help pull followers from Tiktok to sub-Youtube effectively, you should do the following:
- Information between 2 channels
- The content of 2 channels must be the same
- Switch to Pro account on Tiktok
- Insert URL to your Youtube channel
- Attach hashtags related to the content on the channel
- It is recommended to use music available on TikTok, to avoid copyright
- From time to time, you should create more content that follows the trend of Tiktok to make it easier to get recommendations
Note: this method is not always effective and follow-on Tiktok is not close to reality, so it cannot be converted to a 1:1 ratio with Youtube subscriptions.
13. Hide subs on the channel
Most viewers on Youtube are afraid of wasting their time on “useless” channels, so channels with low subs and views are difficult for them to subscribe to and follow.
So, at first, when the subs are low, you should hide this number, when it gets to a few tens of thousands or a few hundred thousand heroes, then turn it back on.
This way has 2 risks that you should be aware of, which are:
- Turning off subs will make it difficult to be approved “turn on Youtube monetization”
- Viewers will still be able to guess how many subs your channel has by the views on each video
So this way you should only use it at an early stage of the channel, when the channel reaches 10 thousand subscribers, you can display it again.
To turn off the display of Youtube channel subscriptions, you do the following: On your channel go to Settings – Channel – Advance settings – Subscriber count (uncheck).
Above are 13 ways to help increase free Youtube channel subscriptions that you can refer to and apply to your channel-building strategy. Wish you quickly get a Youtube channel with quality subscriptions!